Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Final Week

So this is our last week doing the 20% Project. I have really learned a lot from this experience. Mr.Lee told us from the beginning not to procrastinate and sure enough, that's what I did. At first, I thought I was going to write a novel on my own. Then I joined this group with these two people who were very unmotivated to write the book. But I think that that had a lot to do with the fact that it was the beginning of the year. Then we all seemed to separate and focused on our own projects. I thought that for sure once we split up, I'd get my work done because I'd have no more baggage. Boy was I wrong. I found that after they left or whatever, I had even LESS motivation than when we were a group. I guess I thought that I didn't have the pressure of letting down a group anymore. But something worse happened, I let down myself. This project showed me just how much one can disappoint themselves with nobody to blame but them. I know that probably wasn't the lesson we were supposed to learn, but that's what I got out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment